Friday, March 9, 2018

Praetorius Class

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

Most of my earliest kitbashes were inspired by other builders' work.  I would search the web for kitbash ideas and when I would find something I like, I would then try to replicate it in 1:2500 scale.


I stumbled across the work of Phil Giunta of Plastic Galaxy Models, who is another well known kitbasher.  I found his build of the Praetorius Class which in essence is a high speed torpedo boat.  You can see more information about his build at THIS LINK.


Sadly, his website doesn't give any backstory to this ship so this part of my article is rather short.  😞

I built my tribute to this model using a Round 2 1:2500 scale Reliant and Klingon K'Tinga class kit.  This design also inspired my building of a similarly designed Klingon ship that I eventually called the Emperor Class.  You can find that ship in this blog BLOG ENTRY.

USS Praetorius (NCC-1951)
Praetorius Class
1:2500 Scale AMT Kitbash

 
 
 
 

I wish I had more to say about this model.  This was one of my earliest builds when I got into kitbashing, and as such, I didn't take any pictures of my work in progress during the build phase.

The ship is heavily armed for something this sized.  Besides the standard compliment of phaser banks, she is also armed with phaser cannons.


On each side of the ship is a weapons pod like those found on the Miranda Class.  These are armed with forward and rearward facing torpedo launchers.


As you can see, the ship still sports the Miranda class type shuttle bays.


It would have been nice to know more about the original model as it might have given us some idea why it needed four nacelles.


As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment below.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"



Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:
The Model

No comments:

Post a Comment