Sunday, March 11, 2018

C-8 Class Dreadnought

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

As a kitbasher, I sometime get my ideas from other builds that I see.  Other times, I might see a drawing, diagram or a picture in a book and decide to try to replicate that in plastic.  This next model that I'm going to talk about is of that latter category.


And here is this model's story...


FASA created a Star Trek game that allowed tabletop captains to do battle with all sorts of starships.  One such starship was the mighty Federation Class dreadnought.  This ship looked like a Constitution class, but was much larger and featured a third nacelle mounted over the impulse drive section.


In the FASA universe, Starfleet was not the only one to build these huge dreadnoughts. The Klingons built one as well, that resembled a D-7, but like it's Federation Class counterpart, was much larger and also sported a third nacelle.

C-8 Dreadnought
Unknown Scale AMT Kitbash

 
 
 
 

This was my attempt to build one of the Klingon dreadnoughts from pictures that I had found on the internet. My seam work was a little rough so I painted the "welds" to make them look like battle repairs.  I only had a 1:2500 kit so that's what I used for my model.  Since the actual ship is much larger than a K'Tinga class, I am unsure of what this model's actual scale would be.


Sadly, this was built back in the days when I didn't realize the importance of taking Work In Progress pictures so I really didn't have much to share in regards to the build process.


As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment below.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"



Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:
The Model   The Build Process

No comments:

Post a Comment