Saturday, March 10, 2018

NX-TypeS Class

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

While I was trying to do some research on my TMP era Dakota class carrier, I accidentally happened upon series of pictures by a talented modeler who was tinkering around with kitbashing NX Class ships into new designs.

One of his designs was an Akira like type of kitbash.


I will now share what I can about this build.


As I already stated, this was not my design, but for the life of me I can not find the source website now or the original modeler anymore.


I had said that it looked like the model was Akira-like, but in reality, it may be the great grand-dad to the Miranda Class starship.  What ever the case, she looks like she would serve as a fast attack torpedo boat.

USS Sargon (NCC-504)
NX-TypeS Class
1:2500 Scale Johnny Lightning Kitbash

 
 
 
 

I found it pretty fun to take an already existing Johnny Lighting toy and convert it into a kitbashed ship.  And because most of the painting was already done, the build went a lot quicker than normal.  And the price for the main part was not really that expensive,  I think on average, I paid about $16 to $20 for each original model.


I cut off the nacelle struts where the meet the hull, and then just flipped them over.  I suppose that if I wanted to get fancy, I would have attempted to cut the nacelles from the struts and invert the nacelles so that they were "right-side-up".


Once the hard work was done, I just fashioned two tiny struts and stuck a resin cast of the Miranda Class roll-bar on top.


Then I just painted the new parts, touched-up the glue areas with some fresh paint, paint over the registry information, and we were done.


As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment below.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"



Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:
NX-S Class     NX-S Class WIP Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment