Friday, March 9, 2018

Starstalker Class

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

When I was first honing my kitbash skills, I searched the internet far and wide for ideas.  When I happened upon pictures of this ship that was built by Jay Dennis, I was in awe.  I had never contemplated using a Miranda class hull as the primary saucer section for a starship.  The concept was brilliant, and I loved every angle of the design.  and so, I set out to attempt to build my own in 1:2500 scale.


This is my model's story...


Per Jay's Article, which can be found at THIS LINK, "this class vessel is contemporary with the Reliant and refit Enterprise designs and contains 8 photon torpedo tubes (4 forward and 4 aft on the secondary hull), 2 forward and 2 rear firing megaphasers, and 13 standard phaser banks. It has a truncated Reliant-type extended primary hull containing two shuttlebays with each having an aft extending landing platform. The secondary hull also has a third shuttlebay in the familiar location. The design is from the Starship Prototypes book from the 1980's and is somewhat different from the starship in that book. It's not a perfect replica of the Starstalker design, but a potential improved or refit version."

Photo Credit: Jay Dennis

The best way to describe this ship is that it is a battleship with extra hanger bays and loads of photon torpedo launchers.

I made this from a AMT Reliant and AMT Enterprise Refit model.  Since I was just starting out in the realm of kitbashing, I knew that there were aspects of this ship that I was not going to be able to duplicate, especially that rather beefy looking deflector dish section.  And since I had not graduated into making my own styrene parts yet, I had to make do with what I had on hand for those shuttle bay landing pads.

USS Peacekeerer (NCC-2129)
Starstalker Class
1:2500 Sclae AMT Kitbash

 
 
 
 

My model has an eye hook embedded in it because I hang some of my models up like Christmas tree ornaments in order to conserve shelf space.

Sadly, this model was built back in the day when I didn't take any work in progress pictures, so I don't have any cool behind the scenes pictures of the build process to show you.


As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment below.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"



Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:
The Model

No comments:

Post a Comment