Sunday, July 12, 2020

EMvTW 160 - UES Sarajevo NC-27 (Sarajevo Class)

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

Rewrites: NONE YET

Our next Standard Edition model from Eaglemoss takes us back to the Star Trek: Enterprise era, and an older starship of the fleet, the Sarajevo.


We first get to see this starship in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode called "Storm Front, Part II".  I always liked the look of this ship and long before I knew that Eaglemoss was going to produce one, I bought a resin model kit from a company called Resin Modeler.  Unfortunately, at the time of this article's writing, I have the resin kit packed away for a starbase move so I can not give you a comparison picture.  I'll talk more about that model at the end of this article.


Per Memory Alpha and Beta, "The Sarajevo (NC-27), also known as UES (United Earth Starfleet) Sarajevo, was a United Earth starship, an Earth Starfleet transport in Starfleet service in the 2150s decade."

If you would like to read more official stuff on this type of ship, feel free to check out the following links:

Sarajevo Class Information: Memory Alpha LINK and Memory Beta LINK
UES Sarajevo (NC-27) Information: Memory Alpha LINK and Memory Beta LINK

Let us take a few more looks at the Eaglemoss model.

 
 
 
 

I have always been a big fan of Star Trek: Enterprise.  I loved the "new" perspective that we got to look at in the Star Trek universe.  The ships were sleek, somewhat familiar looking, but still had a rough feel to them.  Sadly, we were only given four seasons of the show, and in my opinion, Season 4 was where the show's creators had finally figured out the correct formula, I felt the show was really getting good.  The ship we are looking at this time around, predated the Enterprise of this era, and I really liked the look.

First, the model is a bit heavier than our usual Standard Edition models.  There is nothing wrong with this, I just wanted to point it out.

The paint work appears to be simple from a distance.  The entire hull is painted in the standard metallic color that other Starfleet ships of this era had covering them.


Upon closer look though, you can see that Eaglemoss alternated the paint work in certain locations to give it a slight aztec look as well as highlight some of the paneling.


The model also boasts lots of tiny porthole windows that were painted on.  That window paint work line up well with their molded details.  The passenger modules windows are also painted in.


Underneath the ship, the sensor done is painted on in a yellow/white coloring scheme.  I had to go back and look at it a second time because I initially thought that this was some sort of translucent plastics attached to this part of the model.  None the less, it still looks striking among the overall silver belly of the ship.


One area that is lacking paintwork of sorts in the impulse engines.  While the cowlings over the engineering section are painted gold, the actually engine exhausts are bare of paint.  In fact, they are devoid of any sort of molded details that would let you know what you are looking at.


The sculpt and mold work are really well done on this model.  Lots of lines have been etched into the model, from front to back.  While you can certainly find the join seams, they appear to be part of the natural lines of the ship.


The engineering section boasts some nice greeble work.  Like I said before, my only lament is that the impulse engine bear no detailing.


As you have already seen in some of my other pictures, the Eaglemoss model does present us with clear red and blue plastics to represent the recessed warp nacelles.


And that is all the pictures and comparisons I have to share on this ship at this time.  As for pricing, I will continue with the tradition of looking up pricing on eBay and finding the most inexpensive Buy-It-Now prices at the time of this article's writing.  Prices were researched last on July 12th, 2020, and as of the writing of this article, I was able to find the model from a seller for around $69 (shipping included).  While there was one for a lot less money, it did not appear to come with the magazine.  Sadly, at this time, the Eaglemoss US WebStore does not carry this model so we are at the mercy of the eBay sellers.

I REALLY liked this model.  Other than the impulse engine issue, Eaglemoss did a great job reproducing the ship.  Unfortunately, I do not like it for $69, I feel that the eBay price is way too much.  I was lucky enough to acquire mine from an eBay seller for $35, and I'll be honest, I feel that it was definitely worth every penny for that price.

BONUS ROUND!!!

Every once in a while, I'll have a little extra stuff to share with you that sort of fits in with my comparison articles.  At the beginning of the article, I shared with you that I also own a Resin Kit model of this ship that I built and painted myself.


I had already written a review of this model kit back in February 2015 and rather than rehash any of that material, I will just supply you with THIS LINK and if you are so inclined, you can go read the review for yourself and see a lot more pictures of that model..


As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment below.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"



Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:
Eaglemoss     Resin Modeler

Other Reviewers Take On The Eaglemoss Model:
Some Kind Of Star Trek

No comments:

Post a Comment