Thursday, November 3, 2016

EMvTW 71: Goroth's Klingon Transport (Hunting Vessel)

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

I have decided to stop calling them Eaglemoss vs. The World reviews as we have in essence run out of other larger scale pre-built and pre-painted models to compare with.  As far as I can see, the only real comparrison from here on out will be the Eaglemoss Special with the Hallmark version of the USS Franklin due out next year.

So, let us move on with the next Eaglemoss review, Goroth's Klingon Hunting Ship as seen in Star Trek: Enterprise.


As of the release of this model, Eaglemoss has now given us ten different Klingon vessels, and this one marks the fourth from the ENT era.  Compared to the other regular issue models, this one is BIG and heavy.


Here are some nice varying views of Eaglemoss' attempt at making this ship.

 
 
 
 

Eaglemoss does very well when they take a relatively small in-universe ship and make a model of it in thier larger scale.  And Koroth's ship is no exception.  As a reference, the ship has often been referred to a Klingon equivalent of a Runabout.

Actually, I would dare say that this model is probably one of the largest of Eaglemoss' standard issue models.  For a ship that was supposed to be a small workhorse vessel, with no frills to it, Eaglemoss does a superb job of giving that impression without making the model boring.

Close-Up View Of Top

As is usually the case these days, Eaglemoss' sculpting and molding of the metal and plastic parts shows off some nice fine details of the ship.

The paint scheme of the model has just enough varying colors to it to make it stand out, without being glaring.  They even included the Klingon emblem as a nice finishing touch.  If I had one wish (not a complaint), it would be that they could have made the ship look more weathered and older.

Close-Up View Of Bottom

The joins and seams, while slightly noticeable on the bottom, still blend well with the overall design of the ship.  What I'm saying is that in my opinion, they look like they belong there.

And lastly, this is the first model in a while to include the clear plastic parts.  They are used in this case, to showcase the warp exhausts.  It's a nice touch that adds to the overall final product.

At the time of the writing of this article, I am finding that I can get one of these on eBay for around $27 (shipping included).  That looks to me like the prices for this one may slowly continue to climb as it may become a fan favorite.  I know it's definately one for me and it displays proudly with the rest of my Klingon fleet.



BONUS ROUND!!!

Every once in a while, I'll have a little extra stuff to share with you that sort of fits in with my comparison articles.

Back in February of 2015, I wrote a review of Resin Modeler 1:1400 Klingon Hunting Vessel.

 

Rather than me rehashing all of that information again, I'll just give you THIS LINK so that you may go and read that review for yourself.

I did manage to take a couple of comparative pictures for you.

Resin Modeler vs. Eaglemoss

Resin Modeler vs. Eaglemoss

Yeah, so I guess the Eaglemoss model is a much larger scale.  The resin kit is a very nice alternative if you are into painting your own stuff.




As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment below.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"

Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:
Eaglemoss     Resin Modeler

No comments:

Post a Comment