Saturday, June 6, 2020

EMvTW 149 - Krenim Warship

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

Rewrites: NONE YET

As I finish, or maybe start my own personal "Year Of Hell", it seemed almost fitting that I now am reviewing this model, the Krenim Warship.


We are first introduced to this type of vessel in the Star Trek: voyager episode called "Before and After".


Per Memory Alpha and Beta, "The Krenim warship was a type of warship utilized by the Krenim during the 24th century. These vessels were larger and more powerful than an Intrepid-class starship, due to, in part, their complement of chroniton torpedoes."

If you would like to read more official stuff on this type of ship, feel free to check out the following links:

Krenim Warship Information: Memory Alpha LINK and Memory Beta LINK

Before we get into the nitty gritty part of the review, here are some various angles of the Eaglemoss model.

 
 
 
 

At first glance, even before I unboxed the ship, I thought that the model was very colorful.


There is a lot of paint work done to this model, where all important areas of the model are highlighted.


Upon closer inspection, the paintwork is not super precise.  There are small areas where the paint is misaligned or slightly blotched.  While this "sloppy" paintwork would normally detract from the model's appearance, I believe that it actually works in favor of Eaglemoss in this case.  The paint work gives the ship a more rough and tough appearance.


Some of the painted details are minor but really add to the model.  For example, there are tiny windows painted on both the top and bottom of the model, thus giving an appearance of just how large this ship is.


Besides the main paint work, Eaglemoss also did some weathering across the entire ship.  This further adds to the appearance of being heavily used.


I've always liked when Eaglemoss sneaks in clear plastic parts to help enhance their model.  And this model sports two tiny, but nicely placed pieces that do their part in enhancing the overall appearance.  


The sculpt and mold work is nicely done on both the metal and plastic parts of the model.  Honestly, this gives the ship some cool looking ridges all over the model.


And that is all the pictures and comparisons I have to share on this ship at this time.  Prices were researched last on June 1st, 2020.  Unfortunately, at the time that I am writing this, Eaglemoss does not have this ship in stock on their US WebStore, so we are at the mercy of the eBay sellers.  I was able to acquire my model for around $30.  And in all honesty, that is a decent price for a Standard edition Eaglemoss model trough a third party.  

For the cost of $30 we end up with a fantastic model.  While it is not perfect, it has tons of charm and looks really cool on your display shelf.  If you collect alien ships, then this one is well worth the money.

Before we wrap up the article, I figured I would share my new improved Krenim fleet.


While the fleet isn't all that large, it still adds to my over all collection in a pleasing way.


As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment below.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"



Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:
Eaglemoss     Fleet Pictures


Other Reviewers Take On The Eaglemoss Model:
Some Kind Of Star Trek

3 comments:

  1. Intriguing design, sorry about nacelle though, whole model look so flimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing that as we wind down the collection to that final #180, we will continue to see more intriguing designs.
      ---DS Pat

      Delete
    2. My comment was meant for the Altair but opening different tab for each confused me :D haha, sorry if there's confusion

      Delete