Monday, March 16, 2015

EMvTW Bonus 01 - Enterprise D Dedication Plaque

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

[Editor's Note (May 2016): This will mark my second re-write of this article.  Now that I've written over 50 of these Eaglemoss vs. The World articles, I feel like I've developed a certain style and flow to the articles and I wanted to make all of them have that same feel across the series.  Consider this the REFIT version of the original article.]

I have finally reached the point in my Eaglemoss subscription where I received my Future Enterprise D.  As I was planning on writing the "Eaglemoss vs. The World" article for it, I realized that I never showcased the Dedication Plaque for the Enterprise D.  Although it is not a ship, it is part of that collection so I figured I would show a few pictures of it.


Here is my plaque displayed behind my Galaxy class collection.  I think it actually looks really cool on the shelf there.

In all honesty, I had never taken a good look at the dedication plaque until I held it in my hands.



The dedication plaque is made from resin and feels nice and sturdy.

I'm out of my league when it come to reviewing something like this.  This is not something I would normally collect, but hey, it was free so I'll take it.  From what I've seen on the internet, it is screen accurate and like I said, it goes well when displayed with your Galaxy class ships.

With some sticky backed velcro, you can also mount this to your wall for that real starship bridge feel.


I do like how the TNG creators gave credit to everyone involved in creating the show by listing them as Admirals and other important people on the plaque.

Anyway, that's all I really have to show and say.  It's a neat collector item for my collection and I'm sure other die-hard Trekkies like it as well.

May 2016 Update: Since the time that I wrote this article, Eaglemoss has apparently gotten shining reviews about the plaque and has produced plaques for some of the other famous starships.  Personally, I won't be collecting them.  As I stated before, this really isn't my sort of thing to collect.

 
 



BONUS ROUND!!!

Every once in a while, I'll have a little extra stuff to share with you that sort of fits in with my comparison articles.



If you would like to read my Eaglemoss vs. The World article on the Galaxy class ship, feel free to CLICK HERE when you are done checking this article out.


Also, feel free to check out my Eaglemoss vs. The World article on the Galaxy X class by clicking HERE.



As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment