Monday, March 16, 2015

EMvTW Bonus 03 - Enterprise D Dedication Plaque

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

I have finally reached the point in my Eaglemoss subscription where I received my Future Enterprise D.  As I was planning on writing the "Eaglemoss vs. The World" article for it, I realized that I never showcased the Dedication Plaque with all of my Enterprise D models.  Although it is not a ship, it is part of that collection so I figured I would show a few pictures of it.


Here is my plaque displayed behind my Galaxy class collection.  I think it actually looks really cool on the shelf there.


Per Memory Alpha and Beta, "A dedication plaque was a commemorative plate that was displayed on the bridge of most Starfleet vessels.  The plaque commonly displayed the name of the ship, as well as its class and shipyard of origin. Many later plaques also displayed the ship's official motto, plus a list of notable Starfleet officers involved in the assembly of the vessel."

If you would like to read more official stuff on dedication plaques, feel free to check out the following links:

Dedication Plaque Information: Memory Alpha LINK and Memory Beta LINK

Memory Alpha also has an article dedicated to just Enterprise Dedication Plaques.  You can read that article at THIS LINK.  According to this article, there were actually two different plaques that appeared on screen for the Enterprise D.  The one that Eaglemoss has replicated was the second version of the plaque as it appeared in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode called "Silicon Avatar".

In all honesty, I had never taken a good look at the dedication plaque until I held it in my hands.

 

The dedication plaque is made from resin and feels nice and sturdy.

I'm out of my league when it come to reviewing something like this.  This is not something I would normally collect, but hey, it was free so I'll take it.


From what I've seen on the internet, it is screen accurate, at least to the second version, and like I said, it goes well when displayed with your Galaxy class ships.


With some sticky backed Velcro, you can also mount this to your wall for that real starship bridge feel.


As an interesting side note about the original (screen used) second version, it's pretty cool how the TNG creators gave credit to everyone involved in creating the show by listing them as Admirals and other ranking officers on the plaque.

May 2016 Update: Since the time that I wrote this article, Eaglemoss has apparently gotten shining reviews about the plaque and has produced plaques for some of the other famous starships.  Personally, I won't be collecting them.  As I stated before, this really isn't my sort of thing to collect.

 
 

As for pricing, I will continue with the tradition of rounding up the most inexpensive Buy-It-Now prices from eBay at the time of this article's (re)writing (March 2018).

Eaglemoss = $34

NOTE: Prices were researched last on March 14, 2018.  As of the writing of this article, you are not able to acquire the dedication plaque from the Eaglemoss website.

Anyway, that's all I really have to show and say.  The dedication plaque makes for a neat collector item for any person's collection and I'm sure other die-hard Trekkies will like it as well.



BONUS ROUND!!!

Every once in a while, I'll have a little extra stuff to share with you that sort of fits in with my comparison articles.

I have reviewed Eaglemoss' models of the enterprise D as well as it's future self.


 

Eaglemoss' very first standard edition model was of the Galaxy Class, USS Enterprise D.  If you would like to read my Eaglemoss vs. The World article on this and several other manufacturers' models, feel free to CLICK HERE.

 

The next bonus that subscribers could receive for free, if they stuck it out with the collection, was the Galaxy X class version of the Enterprise D.  Please feel free to check out my Eaglemoss vs. The World article on that model and several other manufacturers' version by clicking HERE.




As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment below.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"



Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:
Eaglemoss   

Other Reviewers Take On The Eaglemoss Model:
Some Kind Of Star Trek [No Review Yet]
Star Trek Starship Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment