Thursday, November 19, 2015

EMvTW 45: Malon Export Vessel

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

[Editor's Note (June 2016): This will mark my second re-write of this article.  Now that I've written over 50 of these Eaglemoss vs. The World articles, I feel like I've developed a certain style and flow to the articles and I wanted to make all of them have that same feel across the series.  Consider this the REFIT version of the original article.]

This next episode of Eaglemoss vs. The World is going to be a short one due to the fact that only one manufacturer makes a small scale pre-built and pre-painted model of this ship.  I am of course talking about issue #45, the Malon Export Vehicle.

Since I only have one of these ships to show off, let's get right into looking at the Eaglemoss ship.

Eaglemoss

 
 
 
 

Eaglemoss continues to wow us by producing more and more ships that we have not seen made by other manufacturers for the small scale collector.  This is why I continue to collect them myself.

Right from the get go, the sculpting and molded details in both the plastic and metal parts are cool and awesome to behold.  This a first in the small scale ships in that we now have a tanker ship with multiple sections.  Eaglemoss went further in it's wow factors by adding some nice greebles to the model, like those cables/pipes, conduits and gun turrets.

One slight disappointment is when you look at the underside of the support carriage, in the part where the tanks attach to the ship.  That area lacks any details what so ever.  Given that you would rarely look at the ship from any angle to see this area, I suppose this mistake is forgivable.

Paint wise, she's a bit on the dull side.  Granted, she's supposed to look worn down, weathered and dirty as a pig in mud.  And they got that look down perfectly.

But she just seems overly dull and bland.  One particular area was with all the little gun turrets.  They could have added a little paint to these to make them stand out a bit more.

They did use a small clear part to represent the impulse engine.  And the joins and seams are well hidden.

Honestly, that's about all I can say about her.  I think she makes for a great addition to my fleet.

Currently you can get it on eBay for around $25, and that includes shipping.

As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"

Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:

No comments:

Post a Comment