Monday, December 29, 2014

EMvTW 13 - Jem'Hadar Battle Cruiser

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

[Editor's Note (February 2016): This will mark my second re-write of this article.  Now that I've written over 50 of these Eaglemoss vs. The World articles, I feel like I've developed a certain style and flow to the articles and I wanted to make all of them have that same feel across the series.  Consider this the REFIT version of the original article.  Fortunately, do to it's small size, there wasn't too much work that actually needed to be done]

And now we are on to lucky number thirteen in my series of "Eaglemoss vs. The World".  Unfortunately, Eaglemoss is the only one to have made a small scale version of the Jem'Hadar Battle Cruiser.  So, like the Akira Class, this is going to be a super short article as well.


My intent when writing these article was to provide my viewers with some comparative data on the various small scale ships available to collectors like myself.  This is something I wish I had access to when I first got into collecting, so I don't mind sharing that I feel a bit off writing a comparison article with nothing to compare.  The good news about this lack of comparisons means that Eaglemoss is doing something right.  It means that they are not just focusing on the same fair that everyone else has done and we are getting some nice new stuff to look at.  That being said, I promise that the next article will get back in to doing comparisons.


Eaglemoss vs. ITSELF

Eaglemoss

 
 
 
 

This is a nice hefty little ship.  It feels solid.  Eaglemoss did a very nice job creating a ship that we very rarely saw up close.  Quite frankly, I don't have any complaints about her.  

There are no clear plastic parts, but this goes in line with the fact that we really never saw anything actually glow on these ships.  

Even the join and seam lines are well done and blend well into the model.

The sculpted and molded details on both the top and bottom are well done.  The painted details are very good as well.  Overall, you have a very crisp setup giving you a very dangerous and intimidating looking ship.

Conclusion

As I said, this was going to be a very quick and short article.  Which brings us to the pricing portion.  As usual, I will continue with the tradition of rounding up the most inexpensive Buy-It-Now prices from eBay at the time of this article's writing.

Eaglemoss = $25

Obviously, I won't tell you which one is the best one to buy.  But like the Akira class, this is yet another ship that shows why Eaglemoss has become a very good contender in the small scale starship manufacturers.   Here we are, yet again, with another new ship that has never been produced before, AND it is very well made.



BONUS ROUND!!!

Every once in a while, I'll have a little extra stuff to share with you that sort of fits in with my comparison articles.


Eaglemoss later released a Jem'Hadar Fighter in Issue 29 of the collection.  Feel free to check out my review of that model at THIS LINK.



Anyway, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  Please feel free to leave any comments, questions or suggestions below.

So for now, "Live Long And Prosper!"

Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:

No comments:

Post a Comment