Friday, December 29, 2017

State Of The Universe Address - End Of 2017

Hi Folks!!!

I just wanted to let you all know that things have been going well for me financially and it appears that I'm back on track with the Eaglemoss Star Trek Starships collecting.

At this point, I have a total of seven reviews to write up, so you have those to look forward to in the coming weeks.

There has been a slight delay in that writing and that can be blamed on FaceBook.  For years, I've used my DeepSpace Pat FaceBook page as the repository of all those pictures that I take for my massive collection.  During the last round of reviews though, FaceBook seemed to start acting up when I went to manage the albums and sort them out.  My guess is that I hit a barrier.  I have spent the last few weeks setting up some new FaceBook accounts and spread the photo album load out among 6 separate pages.  I will no longer post new picture albums to the main account. HOWEVER, I will share the new albums there as they are posted in the other locations.  I will also continue to post links to new articles from that main account as well, so if you wish to follow anything, that would probably be the one to follow.

Here is a breakdown of those FaceBook pages.

https://www.facebook.com/deepspacepat

DSP - Generic Non-Space Models
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Deepspace-Pat-Everything-Non-Space-171159536829700/photos/?tab=albums

DSP - Multi-Genre Space Models
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Deepspace-Pat-Space-MultiGenre-1454305681363652/photos/?tab=albums

DSP - Star Trek - Starfleet & Terran Models
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Deepspace-Pat-Star-Trek-Starfleet-and-Terran-1985649285033923/photos/?tab=albums

DSP - Star Trek - Aliens Models
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Deepspace-Pat-Star-Trek-Alien-142248929772838/photos/?tab=albums

DSP - Space Battleship Yamato - Earth Defense Force Models
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Deepspace-Pat-Space-Battleship-Yamato-Earth-Defense-Force-401249323663081/photos/?tab=albums

DSP - Space Battleship Yamato - Aliens Models
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Deepspace-Pat-Space-Battleship-Yamato-Aliens-1590487380997372/photos/?tab=albums

PLEASE NOTE: FaceBook is very weird in how it sorts posts and albums.  As a result, I do not accept friend requests on any of those accounts simply because I grew tired of resorting the albums when someone liked or commented.  The way the albums are set up, you can still like and comment without being a friend and it won't annoy me in thee least.  :-)  My suggestion is that if you like one of those above pages, simply go to that my FaceBook page and click on the [Follow] button up in my banner picture.

I've also been asked to start sharing my older Eaglemoss vs. The World reviews on a FaceBook group and as a result, I've forced myself to retake LOTS of pictures of the collection using a photobooth of sorts that has better lighting (I hope).  During this sharing phase, I'll be re-writing the articles to reflect some changes that I've made to how I present my materials.  this should be a fun project that will take sometime.  i hope to have an article each week updated.

Anyway, I hope all of my readers have had a great year, and may 2018 be a truly awesome one for everyone.

And as always, "Live long and prosper!"

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your financial success! Have you thought about uploading the photos here on the blog? Or have you hit a max on that as well? I store my blog pdfs on google drive and the pics directly on blogspot but I have less content over than you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is that I'm a bit anal with how I order the albums.

      Delete