Tuesday, May 17, 2016

RG Class Reflex Gun Ship

I will admit, that as a kitbasher, you will sometimes see a picture and think, "I just gotta build that!".  This class of ship was just that sort of thing.


I must have acquired the first picture a long time ago because I usually tag the original creator with credit. And I scoured my normal FaceBook hangouts and could not for the life of me, find the picture again.  If anyone recognizes this ship, please let me know who did it so I can give them the proper recognition that they deserve.  I am thinking that it might be an earlier drawing by Zenseava.



Pluvian's Revenge
RG Class Reflex Gun Ship
Unknown Scale Bandai Mecha Kitbash

 
 
 
 

In Universe Notes:

The Reflex Canon that was used on the Pluvian base in the Sol system was indeed a powerful weapon. It was simply poorly used by the base personnel. The weapon's designer decided to prove this point by making a mobile version. Pluvian's Revenge was built to demonstrate that the tech could indeed be used in a mobile format.

 Real World Notes:

This picture got me thinking about building my own Reflex Gun ship.


This ended up just being a quick little project to see what I could do.

I started with an old school Space Battleship Yamato Exterminator Class Destroyer kit and cut off her nose and rotated it 180 degrees to give me a flat deck to work with.

 

The gun itself is a slightly sawed off 1:1400 NX Class nacelle from Star Trek.


The gun's power source and tail fins are made up of several 1:2500 parts from various star trek ships as well.



 
 

This was a very quick build that took me all of two days to throw together.  I really did enjoy building this ship and to my knowledge, she's the only one in existence so I now have a one of a kind.

And as they say... that is really all I have to share about this model.  As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment below.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"

Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:

No comments:

Post a Comment