Thursday, May 19, 2016

Eaglemoss Replacement Decals

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

I have written over 70 Eaglemoss vs. The World articles now.  Over that time, I have occasionally reviewed a model where the decals were either lacking or just plain incorrect.  In most cases, Eaglemoss has never chosen to correct the error with and of thier future runs.  I get it though, these are cheap $25 toys and it isn't worth the expense to try to retool the equipment to fix it.

Recently, I came across a post by one enterprising individual who has taken upon himself to offer a method to us collectors a way to fix our models.



This was what he wrote:

"Hey guys! I've got a bunch more of my water slide decals up on eBay with more sets on the way... I've sold hundreds of these with some great feedback! Currently I have sets for the Antares, Relativity, Thunderchild (Akira - Only one small decal!) And the Defiant! The Defiant decal is the first I have created which requires you to remove the incorrect decals on the Eaglemoss model. Full instructions are provided!

I'm getting back into this now after time away, decals for more ships are on their way! Including my first complete decal pack for the Nova Class, which included registries, impulse engine, shuttlebay, windows and other details!

Just search for Star Trek Starships Decals or my username Aheebob on ebay!"



I went ad did the search for my dear readers, and you can go visit his store by clicking on THIS LINK.

He had shared quite a few pictures of his work in that FaceBook post and rather than make you go look for them, I simply will replicate them here.  

#09 - USS Defiant (NX-74205) [Defiant Class]



#12 - USS Thunderchild (NCC-63549) [Akira Class]



#15 - USS Equinox (NCC-72381) [Nova Class]




#59 - USS Relativity [Wells Class]



#63 - SS Antares





Are the decals necessary?  No.  But if you are a stickler for being more accurate with you Eaglemoss collection, these seem like the way to pull it off.  My only gripe is that he's an overseas seller (I'm in the U.S.), HOWEVER, that's not his fault.  Unfortunately, I suck at decals so I probably won't be trying his solution anytime soon.  I do wish him all the luck in this project of his.

And that wraps it up for this article.  I hope you found it useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comment or suggestions, please leave them below.

And as always, "Live long and prosper!".

No comments:

Post a Comment