Thursday, May 14, 2015

EMvTW 33: Cardassian Hideki class

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

[Editor's Note (February 2016): I decided to do a quick check-up on this article as it is referenced by my Galor Class article.  There really wasn't much that needed to be done with it..]

As I said in the last article, it's been a busy month.  I'm still unpacking my fleet and as such, the time for writing has been eaten up by all this move business.  But here we are, the second of this month's Eaglemoss ships, the Cardassian Hideki class ship.


This ship was first seen in the second season of Deep Space Nine during the episode titled, "Profit and Loss".

I have to say that it is nice to get a second Cardassian ship into the collection though.  If you have never read it before, be sure to check out my comparison article on the Cardassian Galor Class.  You can read that at THIS LINK.

If you are new to my articles, I would like to point out that they are usually a bit longer than this one as I usually have other models to show off and compare notes with, but Eaglemoss is the only manufacturer to offer a pre-built and pre-painted model of this ship so there you go, short article.  Please be sure to check back next month or check out some of my other reviews for a better idea of what I am usually trying to accomplish with these articles.

Eaglemoss

 
 
 
 

I honestly could not find anything wrong with this ship.  Eaglemoss has yet again produced a very fine model of a ship that no other manufacturer has produced.  The color scheme is a bit different than thier Galor class ship, however, I think this was a nice touch as they don't blend together on your shelf.  And the remaining painted on details highlight the ship's important features very nicely.  The sculpted and molded details were in Eaglemoss' usual level of excellence too.

Conclusion

As I said, this is going to be a short article.

At this point in my articles, I like to do a quick check on eBay to get some prices of the ships I've shared with you.  I will continue with the tradition of rounding up the most inexpensive Buy-It-Now prices (with shipping included in that price) from eBay at the time of this article's writing.

Eaglemoss = $22

This really is a good model of this ship and well worth the investment.  and if you have Eaglemoss' other Cardassian vessel, they will look great together on your display shelf.

As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"

Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:

No comments:

Post a Comment