Wednesday, December 16, 2015

EMvTW 51: Hirogen Hunter

NOTE:  You can click on most pictures to get a larger view of them.

[Editor's Note (June 2016): This will mark my second re-write of this article.  Now that I've written over 50 of these Eaglemoss vs. The World articles, I feel like I've developed a certain style and flow to the articles and I wanted to make all of them have that same feel across the series.  Consider this the REFIT version of the original article.]

Next up in my Eaglemoss vs. The World series of articles is Issue #51, the Hirogen Hunter or warship.


Only one manufacturer has made this ship so this will be one of those really short articles.


Eaglemoss

 
 
 
 

And yet again, Eaglemoss pulls ahead of every other manufacturer and produces a one of a kind pre-built pre-painted small scale ship.  It's ships like this that make me continue collecting thier models.

Right out of the gate, I'm gonna just say that this is a really nice reproduction of the Hirogen ship.

There seems to be a lot more metal in this one, making it one of the heaver models in the collection.

I looked and looked, and they have done a fantastic job of hiding the join seams on this ship.  I had a very difficult time finding them.  Well, actually, I did find then on the sides of the model and on the underside of the nose area of the ship, however, given the overall look of the ship, they look like they just belong there so they blend in very well.

The molded details in the plastic and metal parts is excellent.  There are all sorts of nooks and crannies and sharp angles on this ship giving it a very tough and scary look.


And to match these molded details is a superb paint job too.  I keep finding myself going back and re-looking at this ship closely.  There are tons of tiny little details that were put on this model.  And there is an over laying weathered wash to make it look heavily used.

My only complaint was that they didn't weather the rear of the ship.  It looks kind of shiny and brand new from the rear.

I checked on eBay at at the time of the writing of this article, you can get one, with the shipping included, for around $25.  If you want a bad-ass alien ship that is going to look good on display, then you really should go get one.  Eaglemoss outdid themselves and I would dare say that this model is just under the level of excellence that they produced with thier ECS Fortunate ship (Click the link to read my review on this.).

As always, I hope you found this article useful and informative.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to comment.

So for now, "Live long and prosper!!!"

Additional Links To Photos Of My Collection:
Eaglemoss

No comments:

Post a Comment